In 1980, Herbalife was the first company to combine the healing and cleansing power of herbs with cutting edge nutritional science. Added to this is the personal support each customer gets through their unique coaching system. This winning combination exploded sales from $2 million in 1980, to sales of $6.4 billion dollars in 2012, while expanding to 87 countries. This was possible because of the addition to Herbalife of Michael O Johnson as CEO. Michael was the branding genius behind Disney International and MTV.
- Herbalife started in 1980 with $ 2 million in sales
- Herbalife turnover in excess of $6.5 billion annually
- Herbalife has over 30 years as an industry leader in nutritional science
- Herbalife currently operates in 90 countries worldwide
- Herbalife is the only nutritional company to have a Nobel Prize winning doctor in product development
- Herbalife has over 65 million satisfied customers worldwide
- Herbalife is a consistent top performer listed on the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange)
Michael O Johnson - Herbalife CEO
Prior to taking on the role in Herbalife as CEO in 2003, Michael spent 17 years with The Walt Disney Co., most recently as President of Walt Disney International. He served as President of Asia Pacific for Disney and as President of Buena Vista Home Entertainment. Previously Mr. Johnston served as publisher of Audio Times magazine and directed the regional sales for Warner Amex Satellite Entertainment including for 3 of its television channels, MTV, Nickelodeon and The Movie Channel. Mr. Johnson is also a competitive Triathlete. Mr. Johnson has brought the current doctors on board as well as set up the sports sponsorships seen worldwide on television and media every day.